API Keys Safety and Storage
Muunship gives you options to save your keys. The staff at Muunship has put a lot of thought into many different use cases of API keys. This crypto trading application is the only application that provides these benefits.
- Locally on your device – By saving keys encrypted on your device, no one has access to these keys except thru your device
- With 2FA authentication enabled, if a hacker tries to access your Muunship trading account, remotely, they will be required to enter 2fa.
- Device Pin or Password – A hacker will need your device pin or password in order to hack into your account if your device is stolen.
- Encrypted Key – Your keys are encrypted on your device. The keys cannot be accessed with your login and password.
- Muunship Servers
- Keys are stored encrypted on Muunship Servers. Even Muunship staff are not able to unencrypt your keys
- By saving your keys on Muunship servers, a user is able to use the Muunship app at work or other devices, without entering keys on the untrusted device.
- 2FA authentication is used for additional security when using untrusted device
- All other crypto apps require you to download software and enter your api keys. It is dangerous if a key logger is installed at work or an untrusted device.
- Social Login
- 2FA authentication
- Remote Lock thru Social – If your device is stolen or lost, by using social login, your password can be changed from anywhere, thereby disabling your app on the device that was stolen.